Listening in Community
Enjoying and discerning God's voice together
Invitations from God
“For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.” (Matthew 18:20)
“But everyone who prophesies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement, and comfort.” (1 Cor. 14:3)
“The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts… they form one body.” (1 Cor. 12:12)
“He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work,it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love” (Ephesians 4:16, NLT)
• You are part of an amazing worldwide community of people called the body of Christ. God speaks to you through the precious people in your life. As you hear God speaking through people you are enriched.
• You benefit through the shared wisdom that comes as you listen in community. As you walk in humility, listening in community to people that do not only think as you do, safeguards you from going astray.
• You have something to contribute. God uses ordinary people and invites us into partnership to bless others by building up, encouraging and comforting those around us. God uses you to speak to others around you.
• Recognize that God speaks to you through those around you, and through you to others. The Orchestrator is regularly bringing people in and out of your life. Are you listening? Are you willing to speak words of life to others?
• Dare to be transparent with those closest to you. Ask for help so people can support you in your weakness.
• God often guides us through our leaders. Are you willing to listen to their advice?