Focusing on God’s activity and our response
Invitations from God
“Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.”(Isaiah 64:4)
“I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths” (Proverbs 4:11)
“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.” (Revelation 3:20)
• To become aware of the activity of God in and around you.
• To respond to God’s presence and initiatives.
As a director
• Become a listener – “A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered. Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue.” (Proverbs 17:27-28)
• Ask questions linked with what you are hearing rather than trying to fix things and give answers
As one being directed
• Pay attention to what has been happening lately, in you, around you, through you. Where and how have you noticed God working in your life? Is he inviting you to something?
• Notice your responses – what has brought you life and what has been difficult? When have you felt God’s pleasure and peace?