Listening to what brings life to your heart
Invitations from God
“Come to me with your ears wide open, listen and you will find life.” (Isaiah 55:3)
“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts…. And be thankful.” (Col.3:15)
“Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.” (Psalm 139:23&24)
• To discover more and more our unique identity and how we best give and receive love.
• To notice the accumulation of “insignificant moments” which form a pattern and give us direction in life.
• To become “fully alive” because Man fully alive is the glory of God – St. Irenaeus
• Take some time to reflect on your day or week with gratitude. As you do, ask yourself two types of questions from the Examen: “For what am I most grateful?” and “For what am I least grateful?”; “What gave me the most life?” and “What drained me the most?” This can be done alone or in community.
• Try to understand what it was about the event or situation that gave or took life from you.
• Journal your findings and share them with a friend you trust.
• As you ask these questions over time, you may notice a pattern emerging that helps you identify who God created you to be and how God is present to you in day to day life.